Is an AA/BA in Emergency Management & Business Continuity right for you?
Bronx Open House
February 25 11am-2pm
About the Program
The only bachelor-level degree program of its kind, MCNY’s accredited BA in Emergency Management and Business Continuity prepares students for exciting careers where they effectively coordinate available resources in catastrophic events, or mitigate the loss of life, property, and operational capability following a natural, man-made, or technological disaster.
The BA program, which can be completed in two years and eight months—as well as an AA program, which can be completed in 16 months—will enable students to:
- Learn alongside leaders in the emergency management field and participate in large-scale, citywide emergency management exercises, on-site certification courses, and internships.
- Earn the 60 credit hours required for admission to the NYPD Police Academy or the FDNY Fire Academy.
- Gain hands-on experience and practical knowledge through Constructive Action, a workable plan the student develops and implements, partnering with agencies such as NYC Office of Emergency Management, American Red Cross of Greater New York, FEMA Region II, The Salvation Army, and the Voluntary Organizations Active in Disasters in NYC.
- Benefit from flexible schedules designed to make education practical for working adults.
- Have access to financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
MCNY Emergency Management and Business Continuity graduates are equipped to advance their existing careers or pursue new careers within law enforcement, emergency management, corporate security, transportation security, fire service, public safety, public health preparedness, or the military.
Not ready to attend an event? Click to get more information.
A Bachelor's in Creating a Safe Haven for:NYC's Most Vulnerable.
Most people have a job. Some have a purpose, like MCNY graduate Carlos Campo.